Summary of Position:
To represent the Inn at Laurel Point in all guest interactions as an "Elegant, Pacific Rim Inspired waterfront inn where memories are created." The Restaurant Server is a true professional with a passion for food, wine, spirits and the entire food and beverage experience, which they dedicate to sharing with our guests by providing an exceptional dining experience.
- Ensure the highest guest satisfaction by providing consistent excellence of service and giving genuine personal attention
- Professionally greeting and welcoming guests upon their arrival to the Restaurant
- Project a pleasant and positive professional image to all guests at all times
- Sell and up-sell menu and beverage items in a positive, professional manner
- Deliver and presenting food items to guest tables
- Bussing and re-setting tables
- Performing opening, cleaning and closing duties
- Has good working knowledge of the POS system and payment machines in order to provide efficient and accurate ordering and billing.
- Ensure all items are delivered in a timely manner
- Maintain knowledge of restaurant menus, including features, kitchen glossaries and technique to deliver accurate information to guests and self educates and acquires knowledge about food and wine
- Communicate effectively with guests, supervisors and co-workers using appropriate etiquette and language and works in cooperation and harmony with all colleagues, supervisors and other departments to execute duties and responsibilities with due diligence
- Has good knowledge of Inn facilities and city attractions for the benefit of enquiring guests
- Comply with the Inn at Laurel Point's policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in fine-dining restaurant
- Knowledge of wine service
- Sincere desire to exceed guest expectations
- Passion for food & wine
- Ability to work well under pressure, and high energy and self-motivation required.
- Ability to work without constant supervision
- Strong communication and telephone skills
- Must be enthusiastic and team oriented
- Must be personable and professional
- Foodsafe Level 1 and Serving It Right
- Must be able to lift 30lbs on a regular basis
- Flexible availability, including weekdays, weekends, and statutory holidays
- Must be able to embrace the 4 core values of the Inn at Laurel Point: Excellence, Respect, Curiosity and Stewardship
Reports To: Director of Food & Beverage, Assistant Food & Beverage Manager,