April 16, 2010
April 16, 2010
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
BC's only carbon neutral hotel leads 2010 Earth Day Celebration
Victoria, BC - On Thursday April 22, 2010 when the clock strikes 10:30, Inn at laurel Point's Green Queen Jaynie, garbed in her crown of recycled materials and green cape, will lead her brigade of staff, management and hotel guests on her Earth Day mission: to clean the bright green peninsula, and waterfront that surrounds the Inn.
"Our property spans a large section of Victoria's Inner Harbour," says the Green Queen. "Naturally, we have garbage wash up, and on Earth Day we are going to do our part to make our ocean and our shore cleaner."
Earth Day is designed to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's environment. BC's only carbon neutral hotel is encouraging participation by making their Earth day activities fun. Activities and celebrations include:
· Management and staff will clean up the waterfront
· Guests will be invited to join the Green Team in the Harbour clean up
· Prizes to the colleague with the most pieces of garbage, and to the colleague team demonstrating the most spirit (think costumes, songs...)
· Candlelight will illuminate AURA (restaurant) where "Earth Cocktails" will be served
· Bus passes will be offered for the day to all hotel staff.
Inn a Laurel Point has a long history of environmentally responsible practices. The hotel uses hydrothermal heating and cooling systems, eco-friendly suppliers, recycled paper products, Ocean Wise seafood at AURA and participate in carbon offsetting.
Avril Matthews, Director of Marketing and Sales