July 16, 2009
One of Victoria's most environmentally friendly hotels, just got friendlier
The Inn at Laurel Point reaches a 4 Green Key designation
Victoria, BC - The Inn at Laurel Point joins the small number of other hotels, motels, resorts, inns and B&Bs in Greater Victoria that have received the prestigious Four Green Key in the Hotel Association of Canada's Green Key Eco-Rating Program.
Of the 100+ lodging properties in the Greater Victoria area that are listed on the Tourism Victoria website, only eleven have attained Four Green Keys - including the Inn at Laurel Point.
"We are very excited to be recognized by this program for our environmental efforts," says Ian Powell, general manager of the Inn. "We pride ourselves on being a sustainable hotel and minimizing our impact on the environment. Victoria is a beautiful city and we are determined to do our part to keep it that way."
The Inn is proud to offer the following green practices:
· Ocean Wise designation · Bike racks
· Victoria's first non-smoking hotel · Eco-friendly room keys
· Eco room packages · Paperless check in
· Composting and recycling · Annual harbour front clean up
· Aura's organic menu · Potted plants (not cut flowers)
· Organic paper room signs
The Green Key Eco-Rating is a graduated program that awards a Green Key level based on a "comprehensive environmental audit" of nine main hotel operation categories.
· Energy conservation · Community outreach
· Water conservation · Building infrastructure
· Solid waste management · Land use
· Hazardous waste management · Environmental management
· Indoor air quality
The Four Green Key rating is only awarded to hotels that demonstrate their commitment to protecting the environment over and above others in their industry. They must show national leadership in green initiatives that involve all aspects of their hotel operations - all with measurable results.
Please visit us online at www.laurelpoint.com.
For more information regarding the Green Key Eco-Rating program please visit
For more information or to request an interview contact:
Inn at Laurel Point