March 20, 2020
To Our Guests, Colleagues and Community,
Bringing people together is what we do at Inn at Laurel Point, however, we have come to the difficult decision to close the Inn and our on-site facilities until further notice. Although an official closure has not been enforced at this time, the health and safety of our guests, colleagues and community has always been our top priority. We feel it is our social responsibility to temporarily close our doors to do our part to help limit the spread of COVID-19.
Although many of our guests have already deferred their plans to visit us, our team is contacting guests whose travel plans may be affected.
We are so sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused to your travel plans. We were really looking forward to welcoming our guests into our newly renovated space, but the lobby isn’t going anywhere and neither are we. We appreciate your understanding and are hopeful that this situation will be resolved soon.
We look forward to the day we can welcome our guests and community back Inn, until then stay safe and be good to each other.
For updates, please sign up for our newsletter
March 13, 2020 – In light of the evolving COVID-19 (Coronavirus) we are more focused than ever on our guests and employees well-being, without compromising the quality of your experience when you stay with us.
We are closely monitoring and following recommendations from experts at the BC Centre for Disease Control, Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), World Health Organization (WHO), and our local health departments. Our standards for cleaning protocols and processes remain exceedingly high and we take these measures very seriously
For so many of us travel is a necessary and rewarding part of our lives. We have taken precautionary measures to ensure your well-being, that of your fellow travelers and of our colleagues. We have heightened our already stringent practices around food handling, sanitization, disinfection and cleaning, plus specific measures based on the guidance of local health authorities.
Here are some highlights:
- Guestrooms: We always follow strict cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean guests’ rooms when occupied, upon departure and prior to guest arrival. We have increased our attention to high contact items such as, but not limited to, key cards, public areas, elevator doors and buttons, door handles, locks and latches, light switches, desk surfaces, telephones, tv remote controls and bathroom fixture handles.
- Public Spaces: We have increased cleaning frequency and attention to common areas, such as the front desk, restaurant, guest lounge, and have placed hand sanitizing stations in public areas. Please note that our pool and fitness studio are closed at this time.
- Restaurant : Following the directive of provincial health officials we have closed Aura Restaurant. Our house guests can enjoy breakfast & dinner in house – Read More
- Behind the Scenes: In spaces where our colleagues work, we are increasing the frequency of cleaning with particular attention paid to high contact items such as entrances, staff rooms and offices.
In addition, we are taking steps to ensure the welfare of our colleagues. This includes:
- If they are not feeling well or have an immediate family member that is showing symptoms of COVID-19, we ask that they stay at home to avoid passing it to others.
- Regularly wiping down and sanitizing their workspace.
- Reminders and signage to continue to keep hands clean and proper hand washing.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle (proper diet, sleep and exercise) to help keep their immune system strong.
- Importantly, if they have flu-like symptoms, they are advised to consult a doctor and seek medical care.
Your health and well-being are our highest priority and we truly appreciate the trust that you place in us by choosing to stay at Inn at Laurel Point.