Our Commitment to Care
In this era of COVID-19 things are not quite what they were, and it’s important to us that we highlight how we are further protecting both our guests and colleagues now. We will update this page as British Columbia relaxes or tightens their guidelines and will continue to follow Worksafe BC’s guidelines and regulations.
We have always taken our cleanliness standards very seriously; however, new times require us to ‘up our game’.
Your Arrival and Departure
To reduce the amount of touch points and allow for social distancing during your stay we have adjusted our services.
- Valet parking is not currently available; guests may self-park for $17 per night
- Luggage carts are available for all guests to load and unload belongings
- Your guestroom key will be pre-cut and sanitized prior to your arrival
- Check-in and check-out is contactless and we will only process debit and credit card; cash will not be accepted during this time
- Express check-out is available. Please call us upon departure and we will email you a receipt. Room keys can be dropped in the parkade when exiting or left in your guestroom
Your Guest Room
We take our cleanliness standards very seriously, and are incorporating these additional steps to ensure you feel comfortable in your guestroom:
- On top of our regular cleaning, we now conclude our servicing of your room with the use of a UVC light. This tools aids in the attack on microbes in guestrooms after each guest departs
- Guestrooms will be left vacant for 24 hours prior to cleaning and 24 hours after cleaning prior to being occupied
- Inn colleagues will not enter your guestroom once occupied. As a result guestrooms will not be serviced during your stay; if you need anything replenished, please contact the front desk
- To reduce the number of touchpoints we have removed: pens & stationery, hotel collateral, print magazines, throw pillows, etc.; items are available upon request, and disinfected between each use – new items provided where possible
- Individual air conditioning units are installed in each guestroom. This means that pollutants do not travel through the hotel from room to room like you might see in other buildings with a central system
Our Public Spaces
Increased cleaning frequency and attention to all common areas, such as the front desk, restaurant and meeting spaces. We have placed hand sanitizing stations in public areas and a UVC light will be used in public spaces.
- Installation of tempered glass screens at the front desk, Aura’s host stand and bar to eliminate contact
- Physical distancing signage is placed throughout the Inn and we ask that you observe them
- We have hand sanitizer stations around the Inn for your use
- For physical distancing purposes, one guest, or guests from one room, per elevator please
Dining During Your Stay
Aura Restaurant + Patio is open for breakfast and dinner daily. Dining options will include in-restaurant (physically distanced), Room service for hotel guests and take-away from our Grab and Go.
- Tables and chairs have been spaced to allow for physical distancing
- Colleagues have been trained on procedures and will work in small teams to limit the number of people they are exposed to
- Colleagues will be assigned stations as much as possible to avoid multiple people using the same equipment. Where this cannot be achieved, stringent sanitizing and cleaning protocols are in place
- Servers will wear masks as part of their regular uniform, and gloves as required for specific tasks. All colleagues using this PPE have been trained on the correct use of this equipment
- Tempered glass screens are in place at the host stand and bar to eliminate contact
- All service items will be brought to you, the tables will be bare upon arrival to ensure that we can sanitize thoroughly and only use what is needed
- Paper menus will be discarded after each use, and laminated menus will be sanitized between each use
Inn Room Dining is open for breakfast and dinner daily and as always, we will deliver your order to your door. Below are a few of the different ways in which we are delivering your food & beverage.
- All deliveries are contactless
- Your server will call your room as they are about to deliver your order
- Upon arrival they will knock on your door and then move away to allow physical distancing
- You will collect your tray from the cart that is placed outside your door
- All equipment is sanitized between each use
- The server will wear a mask while on guest floors
- You may choose to have the server sign your bill on your behalf, otherwise there will be a new pen available for you to use and then keep
**Grab & Go options will be available as well, please inquire for more details or request our menu at time of check-in.
Behind the Scenes
Though you may not see it, in spaces where our colleagues work, we have increased the frequency of cleaning with particular attention paid to high contact items such as entrances, staff rooms and offices. We also have changed many of our ‘standard operating procedures’ to aid us in this new reality.
We have implemented a hands-on training for all colleagues to ensure we remain in compliance of our new standards. Below is a list of the many ways we are supporting our team when they return to work.
- We know that proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act
- Although already highly trained, our team has undergone enhanced COVID-19 awareness training and have the necessary tools and resources to stay safe at work
- All colleagues will be provided with PPE, facemasks and gloves, to be used appropriately. We have installed engineered controls, such as tempered glass screens
- Physical distancing signage will placed throughout the hotel and will be observed in all employee areas, including dining areas and during in-house meetings.
- We have adjusted shift start times to allow physical distancing in offices and common areas
- Inn colleagues are required to stay home if unwell and empowered to work from home if possible