Our Commitment to Care
We want to share with you the steps we are taking to enhance our cleaning protocols and improve safety measures throughout the Hotel as we prepare to welcome guests to Inn at Laurel Point.
We have always taken our cleanliness standards very seriously; however, during this time, we have implemented even more rigorous and high standards of cleanliness.
UPDATE: The province of British Columbia announced our move to Step 3 of their 4 step plan, and we are pleased to be able welcome all Canadian residents to Victoria and the Inn at Laurel Point. Please visit gov.bc.ca to find out more about B.C.’s 4 step re-opening plan.
Your Arrival and Departure
To reduce the amount of touch points and allow for social distancing during your stay we have adjusted our services.
- Face masks are recommended to be worn in all indoor hotel public areas for those that are not fully vaccinated (you are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after dose 2)
- Your guestroom key will be pre-cut and sanitized prior to your arrival
- Check-in and check-out is contactless and we will only process debit and credit card; cash will not be accepted during this time
- Express check-out is available. Please call us upon departure and we will email you a receipt. Room keys can be dropped in the parkade when exiting or left in your guestroom
Your Guest Room
We take our cleanliness standards very seriously, and are incorporating these additional steps to ensure you feel comfortable in your guestroom:
- On top of our regular cleaning, we now conclude our servicing of your room with the use of a UVC light. This tool aids in the attack on microbes in guestrooms after each guest departs
- Inn colleagues will not enter your guestroom once occupied. As a result guestrooms will not be serviced during your stay; if you need anything replenished, please contact the front desk
- To reduce the number of touchpoints we have removed: pens & stationery, hotel collateral, print magazines, throw pillows, etc.; items are available upon request, and disinfected between each use – new items provided where possible
- Individual air conditioning units are installed in each guestroom. This means that pollutants do not travel through the hotel from room to room like you might see in other buildings with a central system
Our Public Spaces
Increased cleaning frequency and attention to all common areas, such as the front desk, restaurant and meeting spaces. We have placed hand sanitizing stations in public areas and a UVC light will be used in public spaces.
- Face masks are recommended to be worn in all indoor hotel public areas for guests that are not fully vaccinated (you are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after dose 2). Our colleagues are required to wear masks in all public spaces throughout the hotel.
- Installation of tempered glass screens at the front desk, Aura’s host stand and bar to eliminate contact
- Physical distancing signage is placed throughout the Inn and we ask that you observe them
- We have hand sanitizer stations around the Inn for your use
- For physical distancing purposes, one guest, or guests from one room, per elevator please
- Our fitness studio and pool are open. We will continue with our routine sanitization rounds of cleaning the pool touch points every 2 hours. To ensure that pool chemistry levels are continually balanced and checked on a routine basis, the pool will be closed daily from 12pm -12:30pm for chemical balancing checks.
Dining During Your Stay
- Colleagues have been trained on and are following COVID protocols
- Colleagues will be assigned stations as much as possible to avoid multiple people using the same equipment. Where this cannot be achieved, stringent sanitizing and cleaning protocols are in place
- Servers will wear masks as part of their regular uniform, and gloves as required for specific tasks. All colleagues using this PPE have been trained on the correct use of this equipment
- Tempered glass screens are in place at the host stand and bar to eliminate contact
- All service items will be brought to you, the tables will be bare upon arrival to ensure that we can sanitize thoroughly and only use what is needed
Inn Room Dining is open for breakfast and dinner daily and as always, we will provide contactless deliver to your door. Below are a few of the different ways in which we are delivering your food & beverage.
- All deliveries are contactless
- Upon arrival they will knock on your door and then move away to allow physical distancing
- You will collect your tray from the cart that is placed outside your door
- All equipment is sanitized between each use
- The server will wear a mask while on guest floors
- You may choose to have the server sign your bill on your behalf, otherwise there will be a new pen available for you to use and then keep
Meetings and Events
- We are following the most recent public health orders, which allows us to host up to 50% of our seated operating capacity, excluding event staff.
- Bar and alcohol service will end at midnight and events serving alcohol will end at 1:00am
- Colleagues have been trained on procedures and will work in small teams to limit the number of people they are exposed to
- Colleagues will wear masks as part of their regular uniform, and gloves as required for specific tasks. All colleagues using this PPE have been trained on the correct use of this equipment
- We recommend all guests to wear a mask in our public spaces and when moving to or from your table
- There are hand sanitizing stations at all self-serve stations along with handwashing and sanitizing instructions issued by the BC Ministry of Health
- Serving utensils are refreshed regularly
- Motion sensors and separate in and out doors for access to kitchen
Behind the Scenes
Though you may not see it, in spaces where our colleagues work, we have increased the frequency of cleaning with particular attention paid to high contact items such as entrances, staff rooms and offices. We also have changed many of our ‘standard operating procedures’.
We have implemented a hands-on training for all colleagues to ensure we remain in compliance of our new standards. Below is a list of the many ways we are supporting our team when they return to work.
- All colleagues complete the BC COVID-19 self assessment health check before each shift
- We know that proper and frequent hand washing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act
- Although already highly trained, our team has undergone enhanced COVID-19 awareness training and have the necessary tools and resources to stay safe at work
- All colleagues will be provided with PPE, facemasks and gloves, to be used appropriately. We have installed engineered controls, such as tempered glass screens
- Physical distancing signage is placed throughout the hotel and is observed in all employee areas, including dining areas and during in-house meetings.
- Inn colleagues are required to stay home if unwell and empowered to work from home if possible