More than 150 colleagues are responsible for ensuring that any guest who visits Inn at Laurel Point has an outstanding experience. But, how do we make sure that our colleagues have similar outstanding experiences? Trust us. There’s a lot going on behind the scenes to maintain this awesome level of outstanding.
Now, for a peek behind the curtain, with 10 quick facts about our colleague love-in.
- More than just core values. We pride ourselves in harnessing excellence, curiosity, respect, and stewardship as our core values through day-to-day actions and long-term commitments. Test our team to confirm we’re not just putting these words out there!
- Our doors are always open! We have an open-door policy that encourages employees to share concerns in a friendly and approachable atmosphere. Each concern presented is treated with care and diligence, with importance on confidentiality.
- Taste testing. Daily staff meals are carefully prepared, taking into consideration food allergies and sensitivities.
- “Sorry, we’re out of office” Our colleagues enjoy complimentary annual events including summer BBQs, rooftop volleyball, a Year-End Gala, hockey, festival and theatre raffles, and baby, holiday, and wedding appreciation gifts.
- Wall of fame. Our formal colleague recognition program, “Employee of the Month,” has been in place for more than decade!
- Annie, are you okay? The Inn pays for staff to acquire their Level 1 and 2 First Aid.
- Working lunches. Lunch & Learns are popular, with programming from outside partners who specialize in fitness, nutrition, and personal finance.
- Movin’ on up! An impressive 89 internal transfers and promotions since 2010 truly reflect the Inn’s commitment to developing colleagues.
- Road trip! Colleagues enjoy culinary trips to local suppliers and wine seminars are offered on a regular basis to food & beverage employees.
- It’s a small world after all. More than a third of our colleagues (55 employees) originate from outside of Canada, (49 of which were born outside of North America). We’re truly representing the global community.
Interested in learning more or becoming one of our amazing colleagues? Find out more, here.